DEALING WITH SHOE SMELL
Shoe smell can be a nuisance and can make your feet and shoes unpleasant to wear. However,
there are some simple steps you can take to solve this problem and keep your shoes smelling
1. Clean your shoes regularly: One of the main causes of shoe odor is the buildup of dirt and
bacteria. To keep your shoes clean, wipe them down with a damp cloth or sponge and mild
soap. Allow them to dry completely before wearing them again.
2. Use baking soda: Baking soda is a natural deodorizer and can help absorb moisture from
your shoes. Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda inside your shoes and leave it overnight.
Shake out the excess baking soda before wearing them again.
3. Use activated charcoal: Similar to baking soda, activated charcoal can help absorb moisture
and eliminate odors. Place a few small pieces of activated charcoal inside your shoes and leave
them for a few hours or overnight.
4. Use tea bags: Tea bags contain tannins, which have natural antibacterial properties that can
help eliminate shoe odor. Place a few dry tea bags inside your shoes and leave them for a few
hours or overnight.
5. Wear moisture-wicking socks: Moisture-wicking socks are designed to keep your feet dry and
prevent sweat from building up in your shoes. This can help prevent the growth of bacteria that
causes shoe odor.
6. Alternate your shoes: Wearing the same pair of shoes every day can cause them to become
moist and smelly. Try to alternate between different pairs of shoes and allow them to dry out
completely between wears.
By following these simple steps, you can easily solve shoe odor and keep your shoes smelling
fresh and clean.